Monday, March 7, 2011

Vintage Fashion Fair

As we have been asked to look deep into the era's we are researching, I visited a vintage fashion fair in Gloster. It turned out to be a bit of a disappointment as it wasn't as big as I would have liked. Although I did get some photographs of some vintage pieces.

What I was noticing when looking around was that the bulk of the vintage garments were either hand made, or Marks and Spencer. I just selected a variation of garments and I hope that the next one I go to I am able to purchase some vintage magazines, which is what I had gone for.
I am also hoping to find some jumble sales, to see what I can I find there.

Garments I photographed:


Old Marks and Spencer label. 

This 1960/70's blouse was form Marks and Spencer originally. 

This dress had a 1960's feel to it with is flouncy sleeves this is why I picked it out. 


This was a vintage Marks and Spencer Dress. 
This dress is a Marks and Spencer dress, and I have picked it out as I thought it had a very classic shape to it  and could be early 1960's before the length of skirts began to get shorter.

When I picked this garment out I thought it was going to be a classic short floral 1960's piece however it was a lot longer than I had anticipated.
This is a handmade wedding dress, I picked this out as I really liked the cape, I also found the style interesting as there isn't much flesh on show which is really quite different to the style of strapless wedding dresses which are very common today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment