Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1990's Research

Although the I was born in the 1990's I was only young, so I found there was a lot I didn't actually know about what happened during the era, however the more I read around the subject the more I remembered.

I have looked in books in the library as well as done some Internet research into things I didn't know much about and found interesting.

I have began with a list of all the things that I remember, and that I have researched:

-Nelson Mandela released
-European Union
-Rwandan War
-Opening of Channel Tunnel
-Earthquake in Japan
-Charles and Di divorce
-Diana Killed
-Beanie Babies
-Ethnic Cleansing
-Serb bombarded Bosnian areas
-Genocide ethnic cleansing
-ANC
-Africa has elections
-John Major
-Britain in Gulf War
-IRA
-Tony Blair
-Alister Campbell
-Global Warming
-Kyoto Protocol
-Extreme Sports
-Piercing
-Tattooing
-Jeans
-White T-Shirts
-Combat trousers
-Labels
-Spice Girls
-Oasis
-Fat Boy Slim
-Blur
-Simpson's
-Texting Revelation
-Major Technological Developments
-Architecture
-Feng Shui
-Brit Art
-Catwalk Designers
-Designer labels commonly worn
-Velcro
-Three quarter length jeans

I have collected some influential images that I have found interesting. What I noticed when going through the books, was that the couture fashion didn't reflect what was happening on the high street. I think there was an attitude to retail fashion, of just wanting to show this really laid back attitude to fashion.

The Window 1997

Kirsty for Louis Vitton 1997 

Thierry Mugler   
Temporary Tattoos 

Georgia Robinson 

African motifs from Rifat Ozbek 
Multicoloured lycra swimsuit body and leggings from Gianni Versace  
Work out easy to wear stretch outfits made from lycra 
Pucci's colourful designs, first popular in 1960's fitted in perfectly with the mood of early 1990's.

Brightly coloured bra, bolero and fringed shorts by Rifat Ozbek.

The adventures of a Compulsive Shoplifter, Paris March 1996 
The adventures of a Compulsive Shoplifter, Paris March 1996 
 
Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Mata din, 1996 The Face 


Alexandra Mc Queen A/W 1998-9 and A/W 1999/2000 

Martin Margiela A/W 19997/1998 
Alexander Mc Queen S/S 1997

Yohji Yamamoto S/S 1999 

No comments:

Post a Comment