Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1960's Subcultures Continued

After having an initial look into my selected interests, I have decided to focus on the African-American Civil Rights Movement. I am planning to look into both the the positive  nonviolent side to what was happening with the support of Martin Luther King, and the violent side of this supported by the Black Panthers.

I have got the books out below to get some information for my power point:

By Huey P. Newton

By Bobby Seale

By Lori Andrews


I have also began to collect influential images from the movement. 

Black Panther Party

Rosa Parks 

Olympics 1968

Black Panther Party

Black Panther Party

African-Americans walking instead of using public transport. 

Black Panther Party on Armed Patrol for Police. 








No comments:

Post a Comment