Monday, March 21, 2011

1980's Book Research

I always begin a project by looking through the images in the books from the library to get a good idea of the era I am looking at. I find it really helps as a starting point, and it can only broaden my knowledge.

I have looked in three books on this occasion, to get an idea of both the basic clothes worn and the trends and fashions of the times.

Here are the images I have most influential below:



1980's Evening Wear

1983's Evening Wear

1984's Day Wear

1985's Day Wear



Madonna wearing Jean Paul Gaultier

Sigue Sigue Sputnik mixing 1980's new rockabilly chic

The big biker-oriented greaser look.

A young Duran Duran in New Romanticism style. 

New Romantics mixed with street wear

Nik Kershaw in the popular 80s mullet cut.

















Wild Prince

Japanese construction. Rei Kawakubo designs

Annie Lennox, challenged conventional feminine dressing.

Evening dress by Enrico Coveri

Second skin developed out of new fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment