Monday, March 21, 2011

1980's Power Point

I have spent time talking to my mum, as to what she remembers about the 1980s, I do find doing this really helpful. Below is a list of some of the things she remembers about the 1980's:

-John Lennon assassinated
-Smash hit magazines
-Melody Maker
-New musical express
-Miners on strike again
-racist jokes were very apparent
-Sunday top 40 on the radio
-Margret Thatcher
-Poll tax riots
-New romantics
-Wham
-Adam and the Ant
-World Cup
-Multi Coloured Swap Shop- on TV
-Abba
-Dallas- American TV show
-hair being back combed and hair sprayed
-big shoulder pads
-Yuppies
-Sloane rangers
-peg trousers
-rara skirts
-Piped jeans
-Lofa shoes
-Harrington Jackets
-Dire straits
-Live Aid- more awareness about HIV
-LP records disappearing
-SDP political party
-Royal Wedding
-Animal rights
-1970's heroes dying
-The young ones
-Goth Rock
-Not the 9 o'clock news
-Audi saloon car
-Singing detective
-Green ham common- lesbians
-One the ice skating in winter Olympics

After going through this list and researching some of the things I didn't know I am now going to looking deeper into the Goth Rock movement and another one I have found called Straight Edge, these are both based around music so I think it will my presentation flow better than last weeks, where the subjects were so different.

I have began collecting some images from these subcultures already and here they are:

Cocteau Twins 





The Goth Look

The Goth Look


Southern Death Cult


Siouxsie and the Banshees

No comments:

Post a Comment