Sunday, March 20, 2011

My 1970's Power Point

After having looked, at magazines, books and visited an exhibition I feel that I have got the understanding of what the era has been about from a creative point of view and I am now moving on to the in depth theory side to the era.

I have began this first by discussing with my mum what she in particular remembers about this time, these are a few of the items below:

-Cheese Cloth shirts
-Bell Bottoms
-Flares
-White Lace up Boots
-Guy's having long hair and beards
-Men in brown suits with large lapels
-Men wearing cowboy Suits
-halter neck maxi dresses
-CND
-IRA
-Won Euro vision song contest
-The beginning of Saturday Night Shows on TV
-Strikes
-Jacksons
-David Cassidy
-Smoking Warnings
-Package Holidays
-Fabrics: Ryon, Crimpoline, Trycel
-Three wheeled cars
-Hells Angels
-Carry Radios with them
-Woman wore wigs
-Indian Crafts became apparent
-Fondo
-Munich Terrorists
-Ration book for petrol
-decreased national speed limit
-Northern Soul
-Rastas
-Sportswear
-Greasers
-Skin heads
-Margret Thatcher
-Punk
-Rock
-Introduction of new money
-Chopper bicycle


After looking into the rough background of the 1970's I then spent the time finding two subcultures of my own that haven't yet been touched on. I have decided to do my power point of the Casual subculture and the Glam Rock subculture.

Here are some of the images I have began to collect:












No comments:

Post a Comment