Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My 1990's Power Point

It is very different looking at the 1990's rather than the previous eras as I do remember aspects of it form when I was younger. I think that the 1990's really did have a different look on life as the previous eras, there wasn't any particular rebellions of protests in which impacted fashion dramatically, which i find interesting and almost disappointing.
It is very apparent that the Haute couture designers of this period where still being adventurous and were creating new and exciting trends, it just didn't seam to get into mainstream retail fashion.

After doing my research and discovering this, I decided to look closer into the art movements of the time, which lead me to look closer into the interesting movement called Stuckism. And a completely contrasting culture of the trend of tattoos and piercings in the 1990's. Although these are completely different movements within the art culture, I did find them both interesting to read more into and I think they show two completely different aspects of the era, giving a nice contrast. As in a way they are both forms of art, the tattoos and the movement.

My 1990's Power Point:

















No comments:

Post a Comment